Write Rotation-Invitational writing forum

A forum for fun writing and serious, too. Round robin stories. Writing coaches. Memoirs help. Publishing prep help. Advertising for authors. Read FAQ how to join for easy steps to join.
It is currently

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

No spamming, no flaming, no cursing. Be courteous. You know, the basics.

Post subject: wizard cop
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

premise; man unhappy with his normal life becomes a cop and breaks a magic binding spell, suddenly becoming a wizard. His Best bud was a closet wizard and the two joined the force together and begin to learn their magic together and fight crime in a rather unorthodox way.

As a young wizard, new to my powers, I had illusions of grandeur. I was going to rebuild the once great name of _______________, but, alas, life git in the way.
Our family's fall from grace came but a generation ago. Every ______________child born in the 50s and 60s were without power. Complete mortals, not even a psychic among them, let alone any sign of power such as my great grandfather, ______________________had.
Rumor had it **************** a witch grandfather had passed aside to marry my grandmother had hexed the family. None of my grandparent's children were extraordinary in any way. Even for mortals, they were just quite ordinary. Boring, really. In utmost embarrassment, grandmother and grandfather slipped away with their children to America to blend in with the mortals in a new land where they would not be recognized.
I was the first grandchild born. My father was an accountant, my mother a secretary. Little did I know I was the grandchild of the great _____________and the great grandchild of ___________.
As magic is apt to do, forced to lay dormant, it strengthened. As long as life was statis quo, it remained contained by ************'s hex. I went to a perfectly ordinary elementary school, then went on to a horribly boring middle school. I was neither popular nor picked on. I tended to blend in unnoticed. I had the same, normal bestfriend from Kindergarden through life. Still, today, he is my right hand man. Middle school blended unnoticed into highschool. I followed Tommy to college where we rented a place together. I feel it was the dormant magic in me that made me so unhappy with this perfect life, but back then, I had no idea. I just knew I had to make something happen.

Post subject: Re: wizard cop
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

note: cop's life brings out powers...buddy also a wizard, but was scared to tell until they joined the police force & he saw __________'s powers. Work together to learn.