Write Rotation-Invitational writing forum

A forum for fun writing and serious, too. Round robin stories. Writing coaches. Memoirs help. Publishing prep help. Advertising for authors. Read FAQ how to join for easy steps to join.
It is currently

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

No spamming, no flaming, no cursing. Be courteous. You know, the basics.

Post subject: Tilla-4 sentences-open
PostPosted:  
Learning the ropes

story starter: Winifred Daniels
genre: fantasy
writers: Winny Daniels, Darlene Kirkpatrick,
story type: 4 sentences
Open, closed, or sign up: open
can it be nominated to be a fb story: no

Last edited by Winifred Daniels on , edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  
Learning the ropes

Tilla flitted on gossamer wings. She was small for a fairy, but very fast. Her speed had gotten her promoted to messenger. She was not fond of the drab green leaf uniform, but she was proud to be the youngest messenger in Woodland Park history.

PostPosted:  
New

The pile of packages she carried wobbled as she narrowly avoided crashing into a young fairy boy. He giggled and continued his cartwheels, making it impossible for Tilla to be cross with him. “Watch your wings, Gyrun.” she reminded him gently. She had heard the phrase many times as a young fairy and look at her now!

PostPosted:  
New

“Watch you wings. Watch your wings.” Her childhood pal, Revern Entbane suddenly dropped down from above her. “You sound like a grown up,” He complained.
“I am a grown up.” Tilla said proudly. “I've been assigned as a messenger.”

PostPosted:  
New

Revern stopped in his tracks and Tilla sped on to deliver her packages with a smug smile. She would be moving into the messenger's den after work. She could be sure Revern would meet her. His curiosity was famous as was his speed and ability to get information.

PostPosted:  
New

Meanwhile, in the Queen's throne room....Advisor Haid bowed before the Queen. He was in charge of special licencing for babies. "My queen, I beg permission to marry Tilla Heartfire and Revern Entbane. The genetic offspring of those two would be fantasticly fast! They are the two fastest fairies in Woodland Park history."

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

"No." The Queen looked as though she had swallowed a bug.
Advisor Haid was not one to let it go that easily. Even though she was Queen, he had given the license for her birth and been her guard through her whole life.

PostPosted:  
Beginner

"Why Not?" He demanded. "I know of no reason why and they are certainly fond of one another."
The queen looked as if the blood had drained from her already too pale face as she struggled to try to gain control of her emotions.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

"I shall not explain myself to you." She replied in a poor attempt to gain ground from being questioned. He knew better, but continually questioned the queens every decision. If she could have run the kingdom without him, he would have been beheaded long ago.
"Very well, my queen, but do please consider it."