Write Rotation-Invitational writing forum

A forum for fun writing and serious, too. Round robin stories. Writing coaches. Memoirs help. Publishing prep help. Advertising for authors. Read FAQ how to join for easy steps to join.
It is currently

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

No spamming, no flaming, no cursing. Be courteous. You know, the basics.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

story starter: Darlene Kirkpatrick
genre: mystery
writers: Darlene Kirkpatrick, William Devon
story type: story round
Open
can it be nominated to be a fb story:no
Voice: think old P.I. Sam Spade voice over guy

Premise: sisters Alex and Andy Wilson, PIs. Different as night and day.
Characters:
Alexandria Natalie (alex) Wilson-ex cop. Shot in line of duty in the leg. Brunette, red highlights, shoulder length curly, and usually in a pony tail, green eyes with a splash of orange. Gun aficionado. Cop boots, black cargos, tank top, and when needed, bullet proof vest. When its chilly, she wears a black hoodie her sister fit with knife sheathes on the inside of the sleeves. She always carries a small gun in her left boot, a hunting knife in her right. When she's working, she wears a gun holster that keeps one gun at her waist in back, on under her arm in front. In short, she's a short bad censored.
lil sister, Andria Neida (Andy) Wilson-prefers a suit and heels. runs the office and rarely goes into the field, but can if needed.

Greg Anderson-client. Tall, Dark and Handsome. Fills out a shirt nicely. Kind of muscle bound. Single Dad-widower. Daughter and son missing. Steve-10 & Sabrina-3.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

It started as about the most ordinary day P.I. Alexandria Wilson could ask for. Then, HE walked in the door. He seemed to take up the whole room. Her cop training told her he was 6'5 or 6'6. He was muscle bound and easy on the eyes. Black hair and blue eyes, he was the kind of guy they meant when they said "tall, dark, and handsome."
She was in her normal uniform. Her sister called it "tomb raider with more clothes." Cargo pants and a tank top. Her police issue boots. She patted her right thigh pocket, assuring herself her Kimber 1911 was still there. Tall, Dark, and Handsome or not, Alex never took chances.

PostPosted:  
Beginner

"Hello, Mr Anerson I presume" she said as she stood up from her desk. "What can I do for you?" He hesitated as he took a deep breath, "I need you to help me find my kids. I heard that you are the best."

"If your kids are missing why not go to the police or the FBI?"
"I want to keep them out of it if I can." He replied.

Last edited by Carol Bland on , edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Alexandria's eyes narrowed. "why would you not want trained professionals helping find your kids?"
He squirmed in his seat. "I'm not supposed to bring in the police."
Alexandria inhaled and her eyes widened. This wasn't her usual kind of case, but those words rung with too familiar a sound.

PostPosted:  
Beginner

Alexandria pulled a small stack on index cards in front of her and picked up a pen. She always preferred to take notes the old fashioned way instead of using her computer. If she decided to take this case she would later use the notes on the index card to make up a case map.